We are looking for a Heath & Safety Advisor, on a fixed term basis, to support in maintaining our compliance with current occupational health & safety legislation throughout our different locations.
As the successful applicant, you will provide comprehensive support to the Health and Safety Manager by developing, implementing, and monitoring health and safety systems across the club.
Who we are
We are one of the most famous clubs in world football, with a rich heritage and history of success – read more about our history, here.
Beyond that, we are passionate about our local community and, behind the scenes, we have a wide variety of opportunities and career paths for all. We have a very defined purpose: to act for a winning team, culture and community. We achieve this by ensuring we are courageous in the pursuit of progress, we champion our community and each other, and that we do the right thing (even when no one is looking).
Conducting internal site audits and inspections to ensure compliance, alongside investigating accidents and be one of our key advisors on preventing reoccurrences
- Complete pre-event venue inspections and provide expert guidance on Health and Safety matters during major event days, ensuring a safe and welcoming environment for over 60,000 supporters visiting our Stadium
- Provide technical Health and Safety guidance to ensure we keep all club sites safe by having leading processes in place with a continuous improvement approach
- Stay up to date with the latest industry best practice on health, safety and fire matters
- Work as part of a team, providing administrative and technical support to the Health and Safety Manager, including reports and guidance for safety committees as well as site tours and safety inspections
- Complete risk assessments for a wide range of activities and operations across all of our locations
- Produce and deliver Health and Safety training internally and ensure participation and understanding
- Work closely with our external contractors, including catering and maintenance, to ensure all event day operations are seamless, putting our supporters safety first and ensuring legislation and process is followed
What we are looking for
Experience in operational occupational Health and Safety and carrying out risk assessments
- Experience working with British Safety Councils Five-Star Award, BS OHSAS 45001, HSG 65 and or other Health and Safety Management systems
- A skilled communicator and presenter, able to build cross departmental relationships in order to promote and educate on safety requirements.
- Excellent diplomacy and influencing skills, with a proven track record of raising the profile of H&S at all levels, both internally and externally
Why choose us
At Arsenal, we want everyone to feel a sense of trust and belonging, so we are proud of both our club values and also what we offer to our employees. As one of our Gunners, you will receive:
- An exciting reward and recognition scheme
- Generous holiday allowance which increases with your length of service
- Great internal learning and development programmes
- A flexible hybrid working model
- Discounted Arsenal season tickets
- A competitive health and wellbeing benefits package
- A leading Employee Assistance Programme
- Great discounts with some of our Partners
Arsenal for Everyone
Arsenal for Everyone is our commitment to promoting and embracing equality, diversity and inclusion, so that everyone connected to the club feels like they belong to the same Arsenal family. We believe that diversity of background, skills and experience drives our success on and off the pitch.
Disability Confident Leader
We are a Disability Confident Leader. We actively welcome applications from people with disabilities and long-term health conditions. If you need disability-related adjustments to the recruitment process, please indicate this in your application.
If you are likely to meet the definition of being a ‘disabled person’ according to the Equality Act 2010, we will offer you an interview if you meet the minimum criteria for a role. Please choose the option of a guaranteed interview on your application form. The information you share with us about your health or disability will not be used in recruitment decisions.