We are looking for a Steward Administrator to support the Safety Management Team with the day to day administration of the extensive and diverse casual Stewarding workforce.
As the successful applicant, you will focus on enhancing the communication stream between our internal management team and our diverse pool of casual Stewards, alongside the delivery of a safe and engaging working environment at all of our major events.
Who we are
Come and join us at Arsenal! We are one of the most famous clubs in world football, with a rich heritage and history of success – read more about our history, here.
Beyond that, we are passionate about our local community and, behind the scenes, we have a wide variety of opportunities and career paths for all. We have a very defined purpose: to act for a winning team, culture and community. We achieve this by ensuring we are courageous in the pursuit of progress, we champion our community and each other, and that we do the right thing (even when no one is looking).
- Ensure our pool of Stewards are fully equipped and engaged in their matchday/event based roles
- Maintain and drive forward high standards within all areas of facilities and equipment used by our Stewards, including the stewarding room within the stadium and all physical equipment needed to fulfil the role
- Process a variety of post-match reports, supporting the wider Stadium Management team with escalations and investigations where needed
- Support the facilitation of stewarding resource across a variety of non matchday events across all of our sites
- Ensure we are fully compliant and resourced for all matchday and non matchday events, pro actively managing the pool of casual Stewards and tracking relevant documentation
- Be the internal lead for all general administration and contact with our casual Stewards, ensuring that all responses are reflective of our culture and values
- Oversee the successful distribution of all required equipment to ensure the smooth running of the matchday operation
- Take a pro active approach to your role on a matchday, ensuring any areas of concern are identified and managed accordingly, escalating to the wider team where needed
What we are looking for
- Administration experience within a fast paced and varied environment
- Advanced IT skills including a strong working knowledge of all Microsoft applications
- Experience of coordinating events or meetings involving large numbers of people, within a sporting event
- Exceptional organisation skills, including the proven ability to manage a fast-paced and varied workload, will display attention to detail
- Ability to communicate with a broad range of internal and external customers, adapting style and approach as and when required
- Flexible approach to work with a passion for high volume and fast paced operational environment and a proven commitment to teamwork
Why choose us
At Arsenal, we want everyone to feel a sense of trust and belonging, so we are proud of both our club values and also what we offer to our employees. As one of our Gunners, you will receive:
- An exciting reward and recognition scheme
- Generous holiday allowance which increases with your length of service
- Great internal learning and development programmes
- A flexible hybrid working model
- Discounted Arsenal season tickets
- A competitive health and wellbeing benefits package
- A leading Employee Assistance Programme
- Great discounts with some of our Partners
Arsenal for Everyone
Arsenal for Everyone is our commitment to promoting and embracing equality, diversity and inclusion, so that everyone connected to the club feels like they belong to the same Arsenal family. We believe that diversity of background, skills and experience drives our success on and off the pitch.
Disability Confident Leader
We are a Disability Confident Leader. We actively welcome applications from people with disabilities and long-term health conditions. If you need disability-related adjustments to the recruitment process, please indicate this in your application.
If you are likely to meet the definition of being a ‘disabled person’ according to the Equality Act 2010, we will offer you an interview if you meet the minimum criteria for a role. Please choose the option of a guaranteed interview on your application form. The information you share with us about your health or disability will not be used in recruitment decisions.