We are looking for a Venue Ticketing & System Coordinator to support the team in the successful delivery of all of our home and away tickets to our thousands of supporters.
As the successful applicant, you will be responsible for the management of ticketing inventory as well as the functionality within our ticketing platforms for both Men and Women’s fixtures.
Who we are
We are one of the most famous clubs in world football, with a rich heritage and history of success – read more about our history, here.
Beyond that, we are passionate about our local community and, behind the scenes, we have a wide variety of opportunities and career paths for all. We have a very defined purpose: to act for a winning team, culture and community. We achieve this by ensuring we are courageous in the pursuit of progress, we champion our community and each other, and that we do the right thing (even when no one is looking).
- Working within the Ticketing team, support the successful set-up of all Men and Women’s home and away fixtures within our ticketing platforms, ensuring a seamless user experience for our supporters
- Ensure all ticketing content is up to date and relevant for our supporters on all of our channels for any ticketed event that we run
- Take responsibility for the Arsenal Debentures scheme, liaising with internal and external stakeholders
- Support the wider team on the successful allocation and distribution of tickets to our premium areas within the Emirates Stadium
- Provide matchday assistance to ensure any ticketing issues are resolved in a timely manner on matchdays, ensuring our supporters have a smooth experience entering our venue
- Support with the preparation and delivery of our busy season ticket renewals period, from liaising with our supporters through to reconciliations and reporting
- Manage the daily reconciliation of the online season ticket finance option and respond to any escalated application queries in timely manner in line with our values
- Maintain and drive forward the standards for all matchday equipment and locations in advance of our events to ensure successful delivery
- Work closely with our Finance team to ensure reports are produced and analysed to ensure accuracy in all of our daily financial transactions
- Be a key team player and support the wider team with inventory management and fulfilment
What we are looking for
- Experience working in a high-volume ticketing environment, with access control experience
- Experience working within a customer centric team environment, able to deliver high levels of customer service
- Some experience in an administrative role, liaising effectively with other areas of an organisation
- Desired experience within the entertainments/music industry or sports arena and has a working knowledge of the Sport XR ticketing system
- Reacts quickly and flexibly to changing events and operational conditions and demands
- Maintains a can-do attitude and positive outlook where there may be conflicting priorities and strives to deliver on time and in compliance with operational procedures
- Skilled communicator, able to liaise with internal colleagues across a number of teams/departments and ensures that requirements are understood
- Excellent communication and customer service skills; able to communicate professionally with both internal and external stakeholders – listening, understanding requirements and potential problems, passing information and suggesting courses of action
Why choose us
At Arsenal, we want everyone to feel a sense of trust and belonging, so we are proud of both our club values and also what we offer to our employees. As one of our Gunners, you will receive:
- An exciting reward and recognition scheme
- Generous holiday allowance which increases with your length of service
- Great internal learning and development programmes
- A flexible hybrid working model
- Discounted Arsenal season tickets
- A competitive health and wellbeing benefits package
- A leading Employee Assistance Programme
- Great discounts with some of our Partners
Arsenal for Everyone
Arsenal for Everyone is our commitment to promoting and embracing equality, diversity and inclusion, so that everyone connected to the club feels like they belong to the same Arsenal family. We believe that diversity of background, skills and experience drives our success on and off the pitch.
Disability Confident Leader
We are a Disability Confident Leader. We actively welcome applications from people with disabilities and long-term health conditions. If you need disability-related adjustments to the recruitment process, please indicate this in your application.
If you are likely to meet the definition of being a ‘disabled person’ according to the Equality Act 2010, we will offer you an interview if you meet the minimum criteria for a role. Please choose the option of a guaranteed interview on your application form. The information you share with us about your health or disability will not be used in recruitment decisions.